Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
uncontrollable bowel movements
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

uncontrollable bowel movements

I've had a problem with diarrhea off and on for many years.  I had all the GI tests about 20+ years ago, and the diagnosis was such a hodge-podge that I gave up on medication and doctors years ago.  It doesn't seem to matter what I eat, and I know a lot of the cause is from stress; however, recently it's been happening with little or no notice (no cramps) where there hasn't been time to get to a bathroom.  I've been having accidents.  Fortunately, so far I haven't been embarrassed in public, but my guess is that time is coming.   This just adds to my stress.  It's a self-perpetuating situation.  Sometimes it happens immediately after eating and sometimes not for an hour or two after eating.  Any suggestions as to how to control this?