Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
uncontrollable bowel movements

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

uncontrollable bowel movements

I've had a problem with diarrhea off and on for many years.  I had all the GI tests about 20+ years ago, and the diagnosis was such a hodge-podge that I gave up on medication and doctors years ago.  It doesn't seem to matter what I eat, and I know a lot of the cause is from stress; however, recently it's been happening with little or no notice (no cramps) where there hasn't been time to get to a bathroom.  I've been having accidents.  Fortunately, so far I haven't been embarrassed in public, but my guess is that time is coming.   This just adds to my stress.  It's a self-perpetuating situation.  Sometimes it happens immediately after eating and sometimes not for an hour or two after eating.  Any suggestions as to how to control this?
Medical science has developed considerably in the last 20+ years! If it's really been that long since you've had a GI examine you to diagnose the cause of your problem, which now appears to be increasing in severity and causing you more stress and concern, I suggest you see one soon. Good luck!