Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
upper stomach pain, with rapid heart beat

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

i'm a 28 year old female, up to about 14 weeks ago i was normal and had no major health problems. then i started experencing pain below the center of my rib cage which also goes into to my back and left shoulder. the pain is always there and is worse after i eat, laying down seems to ease the pain some what. i have gone from a size 14 pants to a size six and still losing weight. i can't sleep at night. i have gone through test after test and no answers yet, everything keeps coming back o.k. but the pain is still there. about three weeks ago, i starting having pain in my chest, my heart starts beating really fast and i start to shake and sweet, i thought i was having a heart attack. i'm still waiting of the answers back from the heart, blood and urain test. and the pain is still there. if anyone can help because i think i'm losing my mind. even if i had a place to start my reseach i would be greatful

_

Dear Daisty,
I empathisize with you. I appreciate the frustration that you have not feeling well while being undiagnosed despite multiple tests.  We can not provide any direction without knowing the details of your symptoms as well as the specific results of the tests.  The weight loss is worrisome.  If your physician remains unable to find the cause, then you should ask for subspecialty evaluation by a gastroenterologist or even a second opinion from a gastroenterologist.
This information is presented for educational purposes.  ASk specific questions to your personal physician.
HFHSM.D.-rf
*keywords: abdominal pain, weight loss
0.1