Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
weekly diarrhea

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

weekly diarrhea

I am a 23 year old female. A month ago I began having diarrhea. I had diarrhea occuring once or twice a day for three days. I saw my doctor. He said take Imodium (immodium). I did. Everything was  normal for a week then the diarrhea began again. My doctor the did blood work and urine and stool samples. He said everything was normal. The diarrhea is still occuring. If I take Imodium (immodium) everything is normal for about a week. There is no pain or cramping. The frequency is the same, about once or twice a day. There is no blood or mucus. I have been trying to stay away from milk products as they seem to make things worse. There is also a sweet smell to my stool if I do drink milk. I plan to see a Gastroenterologist. I wanted to see if someone might be able to tell me what could be some possibilities for my symptoms. Thanks.
Sounds like the problems I had back in 1991.  I pretty much ignored it after the doc gave me drugs and then just blew it off.  When I went to see another doc he wanted to do some well to say the least embarrasing tests so I avoided it.  One year ago and 2 days I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease.  Apparently I had it the whole time but wasn't having major problems until last year.  I then was suffering from major fatigue, anemia, blood in my stool, mucus in my stool, cramping, nausea and the list goes on.  What I am trying to say is get whatever tests done the doctor wants to do and don't let it go if the doctor tries to tell you it is nothing, or "just stress".  Most patients go undiagnosed for Crohn's disease for quite a while.  It took more than 3 ER visits and me telling the doctor I think I have Crohn's disease for them to pay attention and do the tests that needed to be done.  Whatever the problem is get it under control now and taken care of.  I wouldn't want anyone to get to the point where I was.  Sometimes I wonder if I had been diagnosed years ago they could have gotten this under control and I would be in remission, not still sick and wishing for a cure.