Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
weight loss after having gallbladder removed
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

weight loss after having gallbladder removed

I am having my gallbladder removed soon and  I was told that
I may experience weight loss, how true is this,and also was told that I may have cronic (chronic) diarhea (diarrhea),and are there any other bad side effects after gb removal? I am 46 female what are the risk of something going wrong? I am worried.
                                      Thank You
                                   Wildfire_2002us
Related Discussions
0 Comments
Blank
I did lose weight afterwards, but not from diarrhea, but from continuous pain similar to gb attacks that I had before the surgery. I don't have diarrhea still, just the RUQ pain you read about here on the board, (SOD dysfunction).
I had the chief of surgery at a nearby hospital who I trust with my life and he is also a family friend. He was one of the first Dr's to perfect the lap chole technique, so I felt comfortable with him.
My only advice would be to really make sure the surgeon performing the operation is excellent.
Good Luck,
Taylee
Blank
I had my gallbladder removed in 1997.After the surgery I weighed 165 and I now weigh 120.Having the surgery has changed my diet but not by choice.i can no longer eat dairy products.I have spoken to many people who have had this surgery.Some have experienced problems just like mine and some have had no problems at all.
Blank
A related discussion, gallbladder was started.
Blank
A related discussion, After Gallbladder Surgery was started.
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979