Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
weight loss

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

weight loss
can h pylori cause weight loss?
i have lost about 20 pounds in the last 5 months.\
if it does cause weight loss, why?
my husband has same problems.He lost 50 pounds in last 14 months.He was treated once with antibiotic,but they never checked if the bacteria is eradicated.He still has a lot of problems,his stomach can't digest right,can only eat bland,small meals and has discomfort all the time.Next mont he has been scheduled for another endoscopy,to see what's the problem.If you have H.Pylori infection,your stomach can not work properly and if you don't digest food right,you can't absorb it eather,so you're loosing your weight....
Ema
Something else...
My husband is taking Prilosec for now and that really helps.Did they ever treated you for H.Pylori?
Ema
my dr has me on previcid for the last three weeks.
now he has given me the antibiotic treatment.
i am afraid to take them because one of the side effects is nausea. i am already so nausea, dont want to take an antibiotic that will make it worse.