Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
white stuff, blood, mucus, and tissue things in stool..HELP

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

for the past couple weeks there has been a white stuff inside the stool, blood, and a tissue like substance.  stomach gets bloated immediately after eating.  sometimes it seems like gas, but blood and this tissue like substance comes out....what the hell is going on, please someone give me some insight
I think that it can be Ulcerative Colitis.The disease is nothing to be scared about.Go and see the doctor,they will do some tests and diagnose you.What sooner you go,sooner the symptoms are going to stop.Treatment for UC is usually with medication,but you have to go to your doctor as soon as you can because you can develop diarrhea and loose weight.Ulcerative colitis is inflamation (inflammation) of the colon and symptoms are blood,mucus,cramps,diarrhea,bloading,weight loss.People are usually responding well on medication treatment,but some people are trying to find the cure with diet.My husband developed colitis last Decembar and had symptoms for last 6-7 years,but never went to see a doctor.You can check this sites for diets:
www.scdiet.or
www.colitis-crohns.com
On yahoo you can find many information about colitis.
Good luck,Ema.
This sounds like Giardia to me. Very simple, but my Dr never picked it up for a year and a half. Many people get it and it only lasts a couple of weeks. It is cleared up simply with antibiotics.
Giardia is caught from the water supply. However for some people it doesnt clear up quickly.

Giardia stops your body from absorbing fat and so what looks like tissue or white stuff in your stools is just the fat after it has been passed through your body.

If you have lost weight, this is also a telling factor. Tell your Dr to test for it, my Dr's never tested (even though it is just a stool test).

Coincidentally my son had 2 types of stomach bugs (other than giardia) which a stool sample should have picked up. He lost heaps of weight, was tired all the time and felt sick.

So moral is, demand a stool test. Also go to Food and Drug Administration website and search Giardia.
A related discussion, Fat/Mucus/Tissue in Stool - Seek Second Opinion? was started.