Aa
A
A
Close
Backpacks and Canteens
A backpack should be purchased for every member of the family. Plus a filled two-quart canteen. As an alternative to a canteen two liter bottles of water can be a suitable substitute.  Commerial camping canteens have felt sides than can be moistened to keep the water cool by evaporation.The combination should be easily reachable. Not stored in the attic or the garage. Now there are lots of other goodies that can placed inside. Use your imagination. I recommend a half-dozen sets of clean brand-new underwear and six pairs of white athletic socks. I never see recommendations for socks and underwear on any of the emergency preparedness sites. It is not likely that you won't starve to death if you have to evacuate, but you may not get a shower for a long time. The underwear and socks will keep you fresh. And your morale up. Also a set of inexpensive gloves clipped to the pack. Plus toilet tissue. Yup. A roll or two. A bottle of water purification tablets, a bar of soap and a container of TANG. Pick your flavor. And a few lightsticks and an LED flashlight. There are lots of other things you can think of to add (rocket-propelled grenades and the like), but these would be my priority.
Cancel
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Disaster Preparedness Community Resources