A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Blocked Means of Egress

8079995?1340568984
A blocked means of secondary egress is a serious life-threatening matter. From time to time you will come across blocks exits and the drill is to call 911. There is a stigma about notifying authorities in this situation. DO NOT HESITATE!  History is replete with incidents where lives have been lost because the secondary means of egress was locked.  The Triangle Shirtwaist fire in New York City, where dozens of young women were burned alive,  was one of the most noted. Do not tolerate being in a nightclub where the exits are chained. Years ago I worked in a hospital where the security people decided to chain the exits up at night. They thought I was making a "suggestion" when I told them to remove the chains. Thirty minutes later I had the chief of hospital security arrested on felony reckless endangerment charges. That was when I called the fire department and they found out he had misplaced the keys to the locks. My point is this. Fire inspectors cannot be everywhere and the locked exits are generally unlocked during an inspection. What happens is, on a given night the nightclub owner thinks people are slipping in without paying the cover and he has security solve that problem by chaining the exits. As a moral citizen it isd up to you to IMMEDIATELY make a 911 call if you witness such a situation.
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Disaster Preparedness Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
Apr 16 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank