Disaster Preparedness
Today we had a 19 hour power outage. She lives on the upper floors of an apartment building.  Although required by law to have battery back-up emergency lighting those lighjts failed on every floor of the building due to a lack of maintenance. I drill the aides on such situations and have a special draw willef with a dozen "throw away" fireman's flashlights, four LED lights, and a large LED lantern with two sets of extra batteries. I installed battery operated power-off emergency lighting within an interior stairway. I also keep a case of 50 cyo-lume lightsticks. You can never have enough of these.  I prohibit candles. Because of the son's Parkinson's debilitation I keep cyo-lume sticks taped to the side of his bed, as well as a pair of sealed firemans's flashlights. I keep two plastic frozen half-gallon jugs of water in the main refrigerator constantly so in the event of an outage food won't immediately spoil. Interestingly, the building apparantly depends on an electrically driven water pump and both the hot and cold cold water failed. So the TOILET went. Goodness gracious. Fortunately we had twenty gallons stocked in a closet, but it never ocurred to me that in a big city the water would suddenly stop. I also use two inch painter's tape (like masking tape) and seal around the edges of the refrigerator immediately after an outage. Always interested in other peoples ideas on the subject.
Also, everyone in the area started using their cell phones, so communications went temporarily out, except for land lines. Something to think about. The other occupant is my 102 year and a half year old sweety-pie, and I went out today and bought two small battery operated fans, which I did not have. It got as bit hot inside. One thing would be helpful, Dr. Choi, is for you to post water sterilization guidelines and suggestions. No one will question your credentials to do so, and I think this is really necessary. Much of the material on the subject on the Internet is inaccurate.
How to Store Water

Store your water in thoroughly washed plastic, glass, fiberglass or enamel-lined metal containers.