Disaster Preparedness Community
Discharging a gun in the air

Discharging a gun in the air

NEVER EVER DISCHARGE A FIREARM INTO THE AIR! I feel this post is necessary because the vice-president of the United States, Joe Biden, stated this is what a person should do to "scare off" a possible attacker. Absolutely positively the WRONG things to do under any circumstajnces. Bullets fired at a shallow angle will return to earth at a velocity high enough to kill someone! For signaling in the woods I would carry several blanks, with "extra loud" charges made specifically for this purpose. Never ever shoot across a still water surfdace because the bullets will richochet off and may killo someone on the other side of the lake. Once in my life I fired into the very soft ground with a firearm to frighten off a giant bear that I did not want to harm near a campsite.
y wud u shoot a riffle in the air as u mit not know the round will only travel so much in the air before it comes at a high speed back down toward you u could end up killing your self and if you shoot in water the density of water will slow the round down but is still very dangerous and again could injure or kill someone