House and Door Numbers - Disasters
Surprisingly, many deaths continue to occur every year because emergency crews have difficulty in identifying the location of the caller. This is NOT a minor problem.

With repainting, apartment numbers in buildings often get covered over and "nobody in particular" has the designation to put them back on. If you live in an apartment building insure there is a number (and name) on your front doot. If there is a lobby with a confusing complex, have the management erect signs to direct emergency workers to the correct wing of the building.

The other problem is lack of numbers on private houses, or numbers that have been painted over. Arghhh!  You should have five-inch high reflective numbers on your house and at the sidewalk where the street starts if your home is recessed.

In many rural areas there is another problem. No street signs, period!

Get they put up. Paint them and put them on a post yourself if necessary.
I have a luminous number on the curb in front of my house,visible in the day and it show up at night its really good and $10 well spent!!