Disaster Preparedness Community
Should I stockpile Tamiflu to prevent getting infected since there won&...
About This Community:

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Should I stockpile Tamiflu to prevent getting infected since there won't be any available when the pandemic hits?

I know that just like there was a run on masks with SARS, there could be a run on Tamiflu (oseltamivir phosphate) if pandemic flu strikes?  Should I ask my doctor to prescribe me some now so I have some on hand when the outbreak starts?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
A week ago on Feb 1, the CDC released their pandemic flu recommendations.  They point out that we could face a Tamiflu resistant strain, just as avian influenza strains that have surfaced in Egypt and Vietnam.  Again, remember that bird flu is not pandemic flu, and these tamiflu resistant strains haven't been able to pass from person to person easily.
Blank
You are only likely to be resistant to Tamiflu if you use it regularly to treat seasonal flu.

As Tamiflu is the only thing that could potentially save your life in a pandemic because there is no vaccine available, I would highly recommend buying some.

In the UK, you can't get this from your doctor but you can order it privately from www.fightflunow.com which is where I ordered mine from. Its only £15 a year or something like that.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Disaster Preparedness Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank