A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

The Cartridge Extractor

7734860?1330718541
If you decide to go to the trouble of obtaining a rifle for hunting or survival contingencies, an absolute must is the purchase of a so-called "cartridge extractor" for the specific cartridge used in your weapon. Such an extractor is especially necessary for the "assault rifle" look-a-likes, and those chambered for the 5.56 NATO. What happens is that there is a "hook" called the extractor. It engages the lip of the brass cartridge to extract it from the chamber following a discharge. Sometimes the lip of the cartridge disintegrates, leaving the brass stuck deeply in the chamber. The weapon cannot be fired until the brass is removed. Some military manuals recommend trusting a steel cleaning rod down the barrel. In some cases this will only punch out the base of the cartridge. leaving the barrel of the cartridge still firmly stuck in the chamber. A specific inexpensive tool is available and should be kept with every rifle. It is a cartridge extractor, as shown in the illustration. They are relatively inexpensive. If the lip of the cartridge shears the extractor will remove the casing quickly and without damage. In the field. Within seconds.
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
an your point is?
Blank
this isnt a running commentary,its a medical help site,fire your bullets somewhere else mate
Blank
p.s dont know if you are fishing for information on weird gun movements.or if u got a rich mummy and daddy that go a shooting..either way..what the **** mate..******* rifle shootin this is medhelp
Blank
144586_tn?1284669764
This is a segment of medhelp that is devoted to survival preparedness. It is reasonable and prudent (in the United States, at least) to consider ownership of a rifle to contribute significantly to that end. I certainly feel that way. While I don't want to make this "guns and ammo" I think is is reasonable to point out that ownership of a firearm is not enough. In the event of a disaster or in the woods a jammed rifle is of no use whatsoever. The use of an inexpensive cartridge extractor will ensure that the weapon is available when needed. There are hundreds of sites suggesting purchasing a firearm, but that is not enough. A cartridge extractor, along with specific appropriate cleaning equipment are necessary.
Blank
hi ok,i live in the uk,just different beliefs,or maybe just different laws..
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Disaster Preparedness Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...