Underwear and Socks
After Hurricane Sandy, and the flood, many evacuation families made desperate pleas for new underwear and socks. In New York there were areas where there was total devastation, with homes leveled, and a few blocks away, on higher ground, life proceeded normally. After the evacuation families quickly found local stores completely out (as of NONE in stock) of underwear  and socks and no transportation (or gas) to purchase them even if they had been available. Nor were there any laundering provisions provided for at the shelters. With every disaster we sometimes rediscover the wheel, but in every instance there is something to be learned. In a planned evacuation, where there is plenty of time to pre-position supplies necessary for living, it seems to make sense to purchase a dozen brand new sets of socks and underwear and stash them in a location where they can be accessed if you have to evacuate. The shelters provided in New York had no pre-positioned stores of either underwear of socks.  With enough time you can make several trips and do quite a bit of shopping. FEMA has some tractor-trailer units with laundries and drier units, however they were nowhere to be seen in New York. I have to admit, up to this point I would not have suggested having a dozen sets of fresh underwear and socks available for your "bug-out" kit, but based on experience with Sandy, it seems to be a good idea.
As an interesting sidebar, In New York City, millions were without electricity for over a week. There were no laundry facilities. Department stores completely sold out of underwear.