Divorce & Breakups Community
3months on...and life is getting better

This patient support community is for discussions relating to divorce, breakups, anger, child custody, child support, conflict resolution, co-parenting, dating, depression, friends and family, legal, pets, property issues, remarriage, spousal support, and visitation.

3months on...and life is getting better

It is 3 months since I found out my husband of 30 years not in love with me anymore but he stills loves me......and his 22year old girlfriend.....I have moved out of the town he lives in and I must say to everyone that not seeing him is the best thing...I still think of him about not much now....I still have down days but no more dark days.....so life does go on and you do survive.....I have been excepted in university to study law and my kids and I are growing closer and closer together....things are moving on......no closer to getting any of my money off him and he is still playing games but he has to play with my lawyer....it is my first divorce and the ladies on here gave me some good advice so if this has happened to you......you will feel lost and it will seem like nothing matters then I prayed and vented a lot of angry and all sorts of emotions on here......and you beautiful people listened so thanks......he still hates me and still put me down a lot to the kids.....but they just dont see him anymore......and I do not put him down in front of the kids or on facebook......he has nothing on me....he has damaged his relationship with his kids on his own....I still dont understand why this happened and really now I dont care.....so if you have been through this then  DO NOT SEE HIM OR HER...yes it is hard....dont take his calls dont text him and this will help you move on....I am not saying I am wonderful but I am a lot better and my emotions are still over the place but now I can focus on work, gym and children.....and for the moment that is all I need....I dont date I am not ready for that...even though I have been asked a lot......so I hope some of this helps you and please feel free to talk to me if you need to....I wouldnt of made it without the support and love from this site.
I just wanted to chime in and congratulate women on taking charge of their own life again and moving forward.  Very brave and very strong.  Peace and continued happiness for you as the next chapter unfolds.  
Good luck, honey.
Sounds like music to my ears, a woman getting stronger and stronger.  I am so proud of you Linda.  

Keep going.  You are coming along.  Yes, there will be those days, but that is to be expected.  

You are studying Law?  That's great.  

Sounds like things are coming together for you.  
Thankyou for being there with me all the way, you are paying forward, giving women the strength to go on and that is a wonderful thing.
Thanks Linda for such a wonderful comment.  

You finally are putting yourself #1 because you are #1.  

Self-empowerment is the best!!

Keep going dear.  

Self-empowerment is the best!!

Keep going dear.  
this makes me so happy!! i have also been able to begin to get better with the help of this site and all of these amazing women. i hate to sound cliche but i guess thing really do "happen for a reason."  i wish you so much luck Linda!!

xoxo

debra
Hey Debra.......sounds like you are another woman on the mend for the better.  

I am so happy for you and Linda.  
So glad to hear about all the positives in your life now.  Yes, no contact is essential.
Thankyou you wonderful ladies, I sure I will still have bad days but I am really ready for the future....I just wish settlement would hurry up I am sick of being broke, but I am happy most days and that is what matters....so thankyou and remember we do a very important job support these men and women through this terrible times.....I will certianly be here to help and listen to however needs it.....love Linda