Divorce & Breakups Community
Confusion

This patient support community is for discussions relating to divorce, breakups, anger, child custody, child support, conflict resolution, co-parenting, dating, depression, friends and family, legal, pets, property issues, remarriage, spousal support, and visitation.

Confusion

Hi everyone... I have a question n hopefully I could get sum advice... Well, my husband, now ex, for 7 years told me he wasn't happy n that it was better if we take a time off... So he told me that for 3 months we r single n after 3 months we decide if our relationship is completely over... It's been 6 weeks n he still lives here in my apartment... He sleeps in the boys room... The questions is... I'm confused because we are supposedly separated but his acting like he wants me back... I dnt knw wut to do because I feel comfortable being single but t the same time I don't want my boys to be without a father.... Wut should I do?!?!?!
My dear, so many of us have been where you are and let me tell you, he has no idea what he wants and honesty he probably wont know it for a while....my hubby gave me the same talk after 30 yrs marriage and I said no to sleeping with others, drinking heavy and smoking were a big a no for me....he made me feel like I was the lowest form of human....never let anyone take you feel like that, I threw him out and we didn't talk for about 8 months, now he realizes that he misses me and wants to date again....Me well the first couple of months were hell and I focused on my kids and my inner strength and you need to decide if you want to live the way you are now, or you can choose your future and always put you first, kids second and life will become better.....find your strength, believe in yourself and hope for a better future which you can achieve....you are stronger than you think.....
He's your ex and he is living with you?  

Hon, he needs to get his OWN place.  Sounds like you have moved on in the regards you feel comfortable as being "single."  That's that.  

Your children will still have their father.......just not living under the same roof.  

"So he told me that for 3 months we r single n after 3 months we decide if our relationship is completely over... It's been 6 weeks n he still lives here in my apartment.".........WHY is he "calling the shots?"  This is YOUR life and you get to make the final decision about what YOU want.  

I would end this nonsense and make things official.  Sounds like he playing games with you.  
Hi Dark, do you think you can work out your problems with him. He sounds unsure that he wants to leave you. What ive seen in many relationships is that the women more or less dominates the man. Men tend to give in to avoid arguments. Sometimes this builds up and men just snap. Its not really that they want to leave but more a simple taking a stand. You know better than me but just wanted to through this at you.
Hi Dark,
You say You are comfortable being single but You don't want Your Boys to be without a Father - well, They will not be "without" a Father, He will ALWAYS be Their Father - but, YOU cannot be responsible for the kind of Father He will be, that's on Him!!  You are ONLY responsible for being Their Mother!!
I can only suggest that You do what You feel is right for YOU as the Mother of Your Sons.  Personally, I would ask Him to leave but to remember He has an "obligation" to His Sons.
Good Luck
Hi there.  If I read this correctly, he told you that he wants a break but isn't really taking a full one.  He's just moved to another room.

This really has me wondering about something.  He's basically saying he's still commited to you (as it also doesn't sound like he is sleeping around) but that you have major problems in the relationship.  Perhaps this is going to turn out to be an opportunity to work this out if you still feel love for him and you don't really want to break up the family.

What were the problems prior to his announcement that you two need a break and he was moving out of the bedroom?  What led up to it??  This is really key because if you can work on that----  you can perhaps save this marriage.  And he hasn't gone off and 'really' lived as a single guy nor have you been a single woman really---  so you don't have taking a break baggage of other partners, etc.  

Ask him if after the break is over and if you decide to work on it if you two can see a therapist together.  And have a list of what you both can work on to solve the relationship issues to present to him.  

good luck dear