DILEMA
Doc,

I have been married for 2 years to the same man and we have one son together. He had been married before but his wife passed away and then we got married. As soon as we got married he started abusing me. He only does this when he is drunk but when he is sober we have peace in the house. The problem is that I have been angry at him for the abuse he has put me through and I don't feel the love towards him like I did before we got married. I am filled with bitterness towards him to the point that I feel like I am living with a stranger. There is another man I have known for 4 years even before I met my husband. He has been a friend for a long time and I begun falling in love with him as the abuse at home grew bigger. I have made love to this other man  on several occassions and I feel more attached to him than my husband. Please advice me.
I think you need to leave your husband.  What is holding you in your marriage?  Obviously, you checked out long time ago.  It would've been healthier to have left it before you decided to cheat but you can't go back in time now.  I think you know what you need to do but for some reason maybe you are scared to leave?  Is it physical abuse?  Are you staying for the child?  You need to really figure out what you want because right now you are living a lie.  
If he is physically abusing you, get out of there!