Divorce & Breakups Community
Decisions, Decisions.
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to divorce, breakups, anger, child custody, child support, conflict resolution, co-parenting, dating, depression, friends and family, legal, pets, property issues, remarriage, spousal support, and visitation.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Decisions, Decisions.

My boyfriend and I have been together off and on for the past 3 years, we currently reached our 7 month mark of being together at the moment. Some issues have come about in our lives concerning his past and I know I don't want to be in the middle of the drama that I know will happen and we have talked about it but I just don't know how to break up with him and move on from the pain. Either way, if I stay or leave, I will be hurt. I just don't know how to move on.
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1268057_tn?1379102055
Well, hmmmmm, there is never any "easy" way to tell someone you don't want to be in the relationship anymore.  Definitely not easy experiencing the pain of all this.  It is just something you have to do somehow.  Part of living sometimes involves doing difficult things that are the best for us in the end.  Think it would be more painful if you stayed in this relationship.

Just be honest and let him know the relationship is not good for your well-being.  Keep it honest and short.  

Just don't do this in a text or over the phone.
Blank
thank you for the advice. it's just confusing because when i'm with him, everything seems perfect but when we're together, it's like everything is perfect. i don't know what to do.
Blank
1268057_tn?1379102055
Like you said you want to avoid drama that you don't want.  

Keep that in mind.  
Blank
Yeah I guess that's something I should do. Grrr, relationships are a pain sometimes :\ Like, tonight I saw him and we were perfectly fine, but when I go and think about the things happening I'm ready to break up with him. I believe I have trouble making decisions, and I hate that.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Divorce & Breakups Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...