Divorce & Breakups Community
Divorce and pro se

This patient support community is for discussions relating to divorce, breakups, anger, child custody, child support, conflict resolution, co-parenting, dating, depression, friends and family, legal, pets, property issues, remarriage, spousal support, and visitation.

Divorce and pro se

Hello everyone,

My question is complicated and have no one really to talk to about this.. And getting real legal advice will cost more money than I can ever afford...

I met my wife 2 years ago... We fell in love, got married... She was an immigrant.. But I didnt marry her for staus, I married for love... 3 months in marriage, she went to final interview.. A week later she left me... Now I know, I should have divorced her then and there.. But I was in love, and she kept in contact for awhile...

Now 2 years later, her interview is coming up for 10 year status... She filed for divorce, and refuses to send papers to me.. She has mailed certified letters to my family asking my whereabouts.. She knows 3 addresses where I can and will get mail... I am looking to send in a dispute for this.. I want an annulment, She doesnt!!!  But will win by default if I cant do it in time.. She lives on the west coast, and Im on the east...  HOW DO I DO THIS??

Ty
Where is she filing?  Whether or not she sends you papers, if you know the place where she is, you can get legal help there.

If you aren't interested in being married to her any more, why do you actually care if there is a divorce or an annulment?  I'd just let her go with no more said.

Anyway, if you find out where she is filing, contact a Legal Aid group there who deals with clients with low income.  They can tell you what steps to take.
Ty for your reply Annie

The only thing Im worried about, is if she asks for something in  the divorce. We own nothing together, and I was told that if she wins by default, whatever her stipulations in the Decree will stick.

I know what state she lives in, and I will find out about legal aid. And we were only married 3 months. I dont want this marriage on my record.... Im not trying to sound like a mean one here. But I was used for other intentions than love..
I think even an annulled marriage is "on your record."

Why not just get a fast divorce yourself, and beat her to the punch, if you think she is going to win something monetary from you by default?  You can do it in Las Vegas in a weekend, I believe.