Divorce & Breakups Community
Do all men cheat??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to divorce, breakups, anger, child custody, child support, conflict resolution, co-parenting, dating, depression, friends and family, legal, pets, property issues, remarriage, spousal support, and visitation.

Do all men cheat??

I dont want to sound completely ridiculous and naive...but I'm serious here. Do ALL men cheat?! I mean, is it not possible for a man to love and cherish a woman so much that he'd commit to her 100%? Do they not understand how incredibly painful and hurtful it is to be betrayed by the one they LOVE?? I have been in two serious, fully-committed relationships - one of which was an engagement - and I couldnt even FATHOM the idea of ever cheating, lying, or knowingly hurting my partner's feelings. I have been lied to and betrayed by my ex-fiance and I cannot get over the "Why's" and "How could you's".  Will I ever find someone who actually cares?
Not all men cheat and not only is it men that cheat. Some do it for the excitement, some for the chase, and some because they are missing something at home. Not saying the last one pertains to you but just saying.

Yes you will find someone out there that will love you fully and will not cheat on you at all!
I wish I could answer that question for you.  I thought I had a good one but you know what he cheated.  I think there are some good men out there but I think for the most part a lot of them do cheat.  I hate to say that and I'm sure I will get h e l l for thinking that way but I don't have much faith in them.  But don't be fooled a lot of women cheat as well.
I'm a man and I have never cheated on my wife, nor will I ever.  I have never cheated on any g'f's from the past either.  I have been cheated on.  So no, not all men cheat, and yes, more women than you realize cheat.  In my experience I have seen more women cheat than men.  True!
Oh, I'm not at all denying that women cheat too! I've had gal friends that have cheated and I know it's not uncommon. I NEVER have and coudnt even fathom the thought of it.
I just am lost and hopeless right now and am hoping and praying that I will meet a man someday that will love me and be true....
nope. girls have an easier time cheating in my opinion for a couple of reasons. most guys will not care if a girl is in a relationship if they don't know the guy, and even if they're friends. and... a girl can go to a bar and find a guy no problem where as a guy has to work for it 90% of the time. if the guy already has it he won't want to work for it.

i have never cheated, but have been cheated on so i guess when it happens to you, you get the feeling everyone cheats
"Do ALL men cheat?!"  the reason so many men fall into the 'all men' generalized category is b/c most men are dumb (sorry men lol)  so that's why it's safe to say yes, they all do
no,no i have a awesome man, we have been married 24 years and hes never cheated on me hes the best
No, not all men cheat.

Unfortunately, some do.  More unfortunately, plenty of women are naturally attracted to the sort of man who is a habitual cheater, and find themselves cheated on again and again until their heart is broken and give up hope of ever finding a decent man.

There are good, decent, honest men out there, but they are not always the most obvious, outgoing, attractive, self-confident men.  The flash gits are attractive, but they have a skill at being liars and cheaters, so they do.

IMHO, of course!!
not all men,,but most do..given the right cirumstances...justifying it ,,they think with their penis not their brain every time.
The statistics are about even.  One of my Psych instructors put it this way "A sexual relationship is a microcosm of the relationship as a whole."

Realistically women want to have sex with people they think they love, while men think thhey love people they have sex with.  Kind of sad either way if you think about it.

I take it this is not really the real question but whether not there are any men you can trust with your love?
Nope, I got a true blue. Not sure tho if he stays faithful out of love or fear! lol.  Hang in there, you will find your true blue if you do not settle for anything less.
Thank you everyone. I'm hanging on to hope that I will someday (hopefully sooner than later) find a man who will love me and stay true and not even be capable of hurting me like that.  I'm having an extremely difficult time bouncing back from this breakup and all his lies and betrayal!!
98.9% do....My son however who just got married know that I WILL BEAT the living SH*T out of him if he hurts my new Daughter In-Law.

He has watch his stepfather do this SH*T to me and should have learned this lesson;

IF YOUR NOT HAPPY GET OUT
yes, I would say all the men cheat I am with my BF for 4 years but I do believe he cheat on me, and yes I will cheat on him he if he cheats on me. Men are very selfish
It's just the few men who do... that make the rest of the men look bad!
No they all DONT! My DH comes from a family FULL of cheaters and hes exactly the opposite!! He's loving and caring and always wants to come straight home to me!! Just depends on the dude!!
No.
Let me qualify that.

(1) No. All men do not cheat.

(2) There is good chance you will find a loyal loving husband and spend the rest of your lives enjoying each and every day.
hai ,..i think most of them cheats,...
I am currently going through a divorce because my husband cheated on me so I can feel your pain but to answer your question it would be No not all men cheat. I know very good healthy, loving, married men that love and respect their wives. It does give me faith that maybe one day I will run into one myself but as of now I can't settle for less. There is no excuse to being a dog. I don't have the problem with cheating and never have because it takes a lot for someone to take their clothes off spread their legs and have sex, sometime during the touching and kissing the committed person should say I CAN'T do this. My husband cheated and now he wants me to forgive something he did but I know that when he was with the other women he was loving having his fun while I was sitting home worrying where he was.
It's pot luck ladies and gentlemen pot luck
im a good man..i wont cheat on any women that i commited to!!  but alot of women dont even want there men to have female friends..and thats were alot of things go bad
!! wear  the man  gets fed up with the jealous stuff and has a affair...i know it would kill me also if my women did this..BUT TO UR QESTSHION...NO NOT ALL MEN DO!!!!!!!!  WHEN YOU HAVE THIS HAPPEN TO YOU FROM ONE OF US MEN THEN UR MORE LIKEY TO FEEL THIS WAY.....I  hear women all the time saying a man thinks with is u know what!!  and its probaly true  but women do the same thing......good luck to you!!! james
All men do not cheat but many men do. Every person is differant. As a man it can sometime take an extreamly strong effort to compel advancing woman, especially when alcohol is involved or the underlining sexual gratification. There are many things that go into a man cheating, attraction, openess, fun, but a strong man will resist the urge and stay faithful to the woman in his life. Don't misunderstand me as during my first marriage I did have relationships with other woman. I needed that emotional connect though, I'm like a woman in some ways. Some men just do it for the sex. It's something we want. might I suggest that you try doing something differant when it comes to pleasing your man, make it more exciting. Keep him interested, mind you he needs to make an effort too but start with you and see where it goes. I hope thingswork out between you two.
Well of course not ALL men, but I believe that we are animal like, with their tendencies.  I also think that it is in our human nature to procreate.  Men are physical and women are mental/emotional.  Then there is the factor of self control, in which men seem to have a hard time dealing with self control, especially with their sexual hormones, in which women 'think' and analyze everything.

Am I biased, absolutely.  I haven't met a man to this day that isn't as faithful as his options.
"im a good man..i wont cheat on any women that i commited to!!  but alot of women dont even want there men to have female friends..and thats were alot of things go bad
!! wear  the man  gets fed up with the jealous stuff and has a affair...i know it"

THAT IS SUCH A LOAD! I was in a three year relationship with a cheating SOB who got some other chick knocked up while we were supposedly working on a life together.

he would do skeezy, horrible things (like staring at a woman who was way too big to walk around without a bra!) to try and make me jelous and then accuse me of being paraniod just to make me feel guilty like it was my fault for not trusting him.

if you are acting like a DOG your girl will treat you like a DOG!

if you are trustworthy, PROVE IT!
It is such a shame when someone gets so badly hurt by a man's cheating that they then tar all men with the same brush.

jimgreg is right - not all men do cheat.  And he is right that some women are ridiculously paranoid, and cannot handle the idea that a man can have female friends, and can even be jealous of female work colleagues that a man cannot avoid being around.  Of course, some women may have good cause to be concerned if the guy does have a track record of being untrustworthy and trying to pull every girl he sees, but NOT ALL MEN ARE LIKE THAT, most in fact are not.

(Not speaking from personal experience of this, mind you, no-one I've been out with has ever acted been paranoid or jealous, but then they always knew they could trust me, and did trust me, and were right to trust me because I have never, ever cheated, and never, ever would).

And yes, OK, men do ogle.  It's rude, and I know we shouldn't, but sometimes we can't help it.  It does not mean that we are going to act on it.  It does not mean we are going to start an affair with the girl we ogle.  It does not make us unfaithful.  And, please note, we do NOT do it deliberately to make our girlfriends/wives jealous (as a general rule).  Looking at pretty girls is just a deep-based instinctive reaction that is near-impossible to suppress.  You may not like it (and that's fair enough), but don't take it personally because the guy does not mean anything personal towards you by doing it.
My husband has no female friends that aren't mine as well.  He doesn't have any male friends that I don't know and am friendly with either.  I think any time a relationship with the opposite sex is exclusive to your partner, you are asking for trouble.  This is not people being friendly at work.   If that friendship blossoms, I'd assum that my husband wants to introduce me to his friend so that we may all be friends.  I'd have a problem if he didn't and wanted to hang out with her without me.  Not to say that I'd go everytime but I do have the expectation that if I wanted to, I'm more than welcome.  I treat my husband the same way.  But again, as a woman in my 40's, I've got no need to go off and hang out with a man other than my husband as a friend.  I'm plenty busy with him and our social circle of other couples and same sex friends.  

My husband this week went to a city about 2 hours away from us for business.  He had lunch with a friend, a female.  BUT, this is a woman that i've met many times and when we are in that town together, my husband and I, we get together all of us and when she and her husband are here, we get together all of us.  

This works great and I highly recommend it.  

Oggling is rude.  Flat out.  Glancing isn't.  Big difference and something for all men to be aware of.  
I'm 45 years old and just getting back into the dating scene. Reading this particular forum makes me want to stay single. I don't think that all men cheat, however I do believe it is hard to find the right one, especially at my age.
No, I don't think all men cheat at all!!!  I really and truly don't.  I also don't believe once a cheat always a cheat.  

There are plenty of good guys/girls out there t430.  Just take your time.  good luck