Divorce & Breakups Community
Entire Family Divorce

This patient support community is for discussions relating to divorce, breakups, anger, child custody, child support, conflict resolution, co-parenting, dating, depression, friends and family, legal, pets, property issues, remarriage, spousal support, and visitation.

Entire Family Divorce

Hi I really hope that after all these years as a Medhelp Member that I am on the right forum lol... anyway here goes, I am a 40 year old woman which has just basically "Divorced" her entire outer family i.e. Mam, Dad, all brothers and sisters in the last six months or so... long story for another time I guess :(  Anyhow, Christmas time is approaching and as strong as I thought I was, I am beginning to feel a few cracks here and there and am finding it quite daunting to say the least.... I am just wondering IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE IN THE WORLD  who hears me, because I just am at breaking point sometimes but not always thank God... any replies would be very helpful to me right now, thanx, Sharon X
Tags: Divorce, family, Breaking Point, christmas, loosing the battle, urgent advice needed
hello sunset,

Hope you are fine by the grace of god.
I came across your post and wanted to say hi.

Hi Sunset, sometimes its better to make a fresh start. ive done it myself and got to a better place. Dont let the holidays bring you down and make you second guess your decision because after the seasons over your family will go back to being the same.
Reach out in a new way, find a volunteer group and get involved.  A friend of mine who is single and was lonely, got involved with her local animal organization at Christmas time one year, and she found a lot of new friends.
If you believe in God, this is just the right time to come close to him and let him know you are in need. God will comfort u and fill in yout heart. Once u realize God is all u need things will change and ur life will be totally different in spite of the citcumstances
I would like to thank all for your replies, meant a lot to me... Ive had a horrible childhood with both parents beating us up and verbally abusing us all with absolutely no encouragement whatsoever, then over the years I just slowly and surely began to keep my distance from them and six years ago I and my partner and our two children moved away from the city to the country side about forty miles and I could count the number of times Ive seen them on one hand literally, they came up to visit once and me to them probably about two or three times... It all came to a blow six months ago when my brother came to visit and caused hell for us... verbally abusing our Son etc.. anyhow, I bumped into my sister for first time in six months in doctor surgery this week and she blatently ignored me not once but twice so that was that for me. thanks again for all your help and advice, Sunset X
Toxic families are tough, sometimes you have to cut the ties so that you can keep yourself sane.

John Bradshaw's books really helped me. I didn't have the same type of situation as you, not nearly as severe, but his books helped me out a lot.

Because you can cut them out of your life - but coming to peace and not having their voices in your head is another thing entirely.