Divorce & Breakups Community
Getting over an ex-husband

This patient support community is for discussions relating to divorce, breakups, anger, child custody, child support, conflict resolution, co-parenting, dating, depression, friends and family, legal, pets, property issues, remarriage, spousal support, and visitation.

Getting over an ex-husband

My ex husband still calls me honey, dear just like when we were married,  Up until lately, he has purchased anything i would like (like that would make it better) though that is not what i wanted I wanted his attention and I did not respect him for his helpful gestures. I started dating a guy and he has not paid the attention to me like before, I have a feeling he has given up on us.  Though he says he has not.   How come he does this when he knows it just makes me upset that we are divorced. I told him i was sorry for not respecting him for what he has done for me and now we are getting more distant and I am not liking it.   He use to call me for help and does not do that anymore.  How can a person tell if an other gave up or not?

My divorced was one sided  through anger and the attorneys pushed it through too fast without a good settlement in less then 7 days (actually nothing got separated).    We have finally got it separated ourselves, through a year and half battle without courts.  I have gotten over the settlement but I think am still in love with my ex and I would like to forget him and the dream of him and move on with a new dream and new life.  Though, I am not sure how to do that?  Anyone give me a suggestion on how to resolve my  dream issues.  We share the lives of three children.  
Why did you get divorced?
it will be hard to distance yourself physically or emotionally because of the children are they young? It is best for the kids if the parents acn be kind to each other in the presence of the children. If you want to get over your ex in my opinion do not accept gifts, do not call him for help, find your own way.corse calling for help about the children is diffrent I believe whenever possible if you can still co-patent its best for the children,.I hope you two do not speak ill of each other infront of the kids.
I am a grown child of divorce I remember how i felt when my mom and dad spoke bad of each other, Im in the early stages of trying to figure out how we are going to seperate, we are trying to do what is easiest for the kids, vistation will be at will, He can take them out when ever he wants provided they dont have other plans.(the one will be 16 soon and wants to work at Taco bell LOL)
I honestly think your not being fair to the man your dating, or yourself, it just sounds like you need some time to figure some things out before you date.

Are you working? How about going to a college or tech school to gain some new skills? It has helped me with my self esteem alot its actually enjoyable to study, alot different than high school, there are more "middle age" men and women in my collger than younger people.
Also have you considered counseling or a support group?

all the best, hang in there, Cherie