Divorce & Breakups Community
Hardest part of divorce?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to divorce, breakups, anger, child custody, child support, conflict resolution, co-parenting, dating, depression, friends and family, legal, pets, property issues, remarriage, spousal support, and visitation.

Hardest part of divorce?

Just wondering what the hardest part about getting a divorce was for people mentally and emotionally.  Everyone is different, but wasn't sure if people thought one thing would be hard, and then something else turned out to be way more difficult to deal with.
There is the legal moment of divorce, and there is the emotional moment of divorce, and they can often be widely separated in time.  For everyone it is different.  My dad told me that reading the divorce decree, with its language about how the marriage was irrevocably broken, was hard for him.  A friend of mine really didn't feel the emotional break until her husband remarried years after the divorce.  It really depends on the person and why the divorce happens, I think.
I feel any divorce is hard no matter why the two people are divorcing.  Although I chose to divorce my husband with good reason it made me sad that I thought our marriage was forever.  I think so much depends on who wants the divorce....the circumstances....are there children involved, etc.  Because of the varying factors I'm sure there is a vast array of emotions involved.
I was married 30 years and I thought my ex husband was a man of honour and he was honest only find out he was a lair and had no honour where his family was concerned. He cheated and lied and when it came to settlement he would not settle fairly and he is so bitter towards me, yet he was the one that cheated....There is nothing nice about divorce except the fact that you get to see the real person he is in stead of being feed ******** for 30 years....at least I didnt have to spend the rest of my life with him..