Divorce & Breakups Community
How to file for divorce in Florida?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to divorce, breakups, anger, child custody, child support, conflict resolution, co-parenting, dating, depression, friends and family, legal, pets, property issues, remarriage, spousal support, and visitation.

How to file for divorce in Florida?

I am seeking a divorce in the State of Florida and wanted to know if I will look like an idiot filing myself. My spouse and I are in agreement as long as I pay the filing fee but are there some tricks that I need to know? I am using 2 how to guides (http://www.wikihow.com/File-Your-Own-Divorce-in-Florida & http://howtofilefordivorce.org/how-to-file-for-divorce-in-florida.htm). Am I missing anything here?

Joe G.
Tags: file, for, Divorce, florida
I would assume it to be a simple matter if both parties are in agreement BUT if there are Children involved OR Property - a divorce is more complex. If either of those cases exist, I don't think it would be wise to do-it-yourself.  In California, Attorneys offer a 30 minute consultation for a low fee.  Perhaps You should do that first.  Have all Your questions and issues listed before You go so that You get the most for Your 30 minutes.
Good Luck