Divorce & Breakups Community
How to forget my best friend?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to divorce, breakups, anger, child custody, child support, conflict resolution, co-parenting, dating, depression, friends and family, legal, pets, property issues, remarriage, spousal support, and visitation.

How to forget my best friend?

How do i forget my best friend? I love her, i always think of her, always text her, call her and she's like my sister, she says she loves me too and says that I'm her everything and that she cannot live without me, but i don't feel it, you know, it's little things that makes u special and loved, and sometimes she does some little things that makes me feel and think like she doesn't give a **** if it will make me sad, and she just tries to fix it by starting to tell me nice things, i don't know, often i think I'm addicted to her and i just don't wanna be, i wanna forget her, don't wanna have her in my life even that I LOVE HER TRULY...bu this little things she does, makes me feel terrible, and i think she isn't aware!! What do i do?!! Please help me?!!
She is your best friend and you want to forget about her? Sounds like you need to reflect more on what you want out of this friendship... Try to analyze what you want and confront her with it.
Yeah she's my best friend and all...but there are some little things she does that makes me feel bad...thats why i asked for help man...!! But anyway thnx!! :)
unfortunatly i can relate...I have a friend in my life that I think the world of and she lives in another state which makes it more difficult. She says she loves me and we have shared our lives and inner secrets like bf do...the problem is that I am going thru really rough times on my end and it doesnt seem like she is ever there for me. I can call her crying and asking her to talk and if she is having a bad day or too busy then oh well...  I have been there for her, tried to encourage her and pick her up and have even  put off things i cud be doing to be there on the phone and listen to her cry.  She wants me to be there all the time for her..but she will call me days later or just text and say HI. When I try to tell her how that makes me feel, she just gets irritated and says "I have been there and helped you out before" and then she has too much pride or whatever to call first or be there for me...she just waits on me and thinks I shudnt expect anything from her I guess.  I can understand, cuz the pain of it kills me and deeply hurts and sometimes I just want to move on and forget her, but then again I love her and want her in my life too. The problem is...we cant make somebody do the things we want from them or love us the way we want...and it hurts because you expect it cuz you would do everything for them...i cud use advice too if anybody has any...all i can say is i can relate and know the hurt:(

I am a 25 yr old girl. I too have a friend who i know since 3 years and i think i love him, cos i keep thinking abt him all the time..he s always on my mind. He treats me as a friend, and i tried to tel him abt what i feel but he was totally pissed off...we still talk msg a lot but i don't have the courage to tell him again. I feel pathetic, he doesn't like me that way but i love him :(..i want to forget him, hate him..move on but i can never do it....:(i dont know what to do