Divorce & Breakups Community
I'm down, I can't accept this Separation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to divorce, breakups, anger, child custody, child support, conflict resolution, co-parenting, dating, depression, friends and family, legal, pets, property issues, remarriage, spousal support, and visitation.

I'm down, I can't accept this Separation...
Married 17 yrs! 3 great kids
My wife has initiated a separation.
I regret not wanting to go to counseling years ago, I want to now, it's too late. Our house is sold, she's  got a new place....
It's over, but I still care for her...
I can't se to move on, she has, what should I do? Anyone have tips on how to accept this and get out of my depression????
Hi and sorry. Ive been through this twice and its not easy. Just accept the fact and maybe try some therphy. theres one called Rolfing that can help as gets the anger out. Keep posting here also. We are here for you.
dave
What has happened is that you are back to the person you were before you met her. Accept this and youll be ok.
Thanks you for your note
to be more precise. You are the same person before you met her but now have experince with relationships. This was not a failure on your part alone but a failure of both of you. After 3 tries i did eventually meet the right person and you will also. The love and kindness you showed her is still part of you that you can now share with the person who accepts you for who you are.
Interesting point... Trying to think what I was like when I was 20...  was probably having more fun then now, that's for sure....