Divorce & Breakups Community
My husband accuses me of cheating and treats me horrible because of it....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to divorce, breakups, anger, child custody, child support, conflict resolution, co-parenting, dating, depression, friends and family, legal, pets, property issues, remarriage, spousal support, and visitation.

My husband accuses me of cheating and treats me horrible because of it.

My husband thinks I have been cheating off and on through out our marriage.  I have told him no I havent. He says people have told him. They couldn't have told you because it never happened. I even had a polgragh test done. He says the reason I past the test is because I either have mulitpul personalities on a socialpath. Some one help. Them me what is wrong with him.
This is simple, if he doesn't believe you than he can leave you.  You have proven yourself to be trustworthy.  You went even further than you had to by taking a poygraph test.  What more does he want from you?  He holds this over your head so that he has an excuse to verbally assault you whenever he feels like it.  It's up to you if you want to constantly deal with his accusations.  At some point you are going to have enough of it.  That's up to you when and what your limit is.
Why is he so insecure? Has he cheated and fear that you have done the same? Has he taken a polygraph test and allowed you to call him a sociopath? Tell em if he is lookin for a reason to leave, just go and be done with it and otherwise shut up or you just might throw him out instead!  Good luck with that one sweetie! That is just wrong!
teko makes an excellent point...
He could be using the false claim that you're cheating as justification to exit the relationship. Perhaps, his own deceptiveness has led him to this unfounded accusation.
And, to think that you went as far as submitting to a polygraph!
Then, when you pass, he discounts the results... suggesting that it was mental illness gave you an edge.
I don't know what's wrong with him; but, you obviously can't win with this man.
mami is quite right... at some point you're going to have to decide where to draw the line and put an end to this foolishness.
I believe that teko has the right of it. tell him you are tired of the same ole song  luck  jo
He is guilty even if he's never cheated, good chance he will. I have seem it with others and myself. My wife had accused me for 6 years of mrriage & she has done it twice & she still accusses me. I don't accuse her cuz it's wrong if I forgive, but go figure
I have been married for 23 years. My husband had accused me a cheating on a regular basis throughout the whole marriage. However, a few years ago I caught him and the neighbor lady...They didn't go all the way but, who knows what happened previously. I have forgiven him it took a long time. Now though if he doesn't have sex on demand he says that I'm cheating again or with someone else. I told him I have had enough of his accusations as I have never done anything wrong. Why does he continue to do this to me. He is probably looking again. Is this enough to leave a person?
In my experience the more they blame u for cheating the more likely it is that they r the one who has been cheating. Its the mirror effect, what u see in ur significant other that buggs u or pisses u off is what u don't like in yourself. Either way it is obvious that there r big trust issues at play. If he wont talk to u rationally about it I would try counseling. It may be the whole relationship needs re evaluated. I admire u for going the extra step to prove to him u r faithful. Stay strong
I agree with babymommy18 my husband is constantly accusing me of cheating on him......and yes he did cheat on me I found out in2005 and was severly depressed over it. He says he regrests it and blah blah blah.....and then turns around and accuses me of cheating on him....I finally got fed up with our last fight this past Friday and told him not to come home. I just can't take the accusations anymore. It is like I am still paying for what he has done.
I just left my husband for doing the same thing. Havent caught him cheating but he was constantly saying i wanted to. Left him on the 31st and have been doing great. Im also 12 weeks preggo (almost didnt leave) but i dont want to raise my baby aroumd someone like that! Do what you gotta do to get urself in a better place n support group!