Divorce & Breakups Community
after an year

This patient support community is for discussions relating to divorce, breakups, anger, child custody, child support, conflict resolution, co-parenting, dating, depression, friends and family, legal, pets, property issues, remarriage, spousal support, and visitation.

after an year

hi all

its me again after an year.
Life has changed so much..
I will perhaps be divorced in a couple of months.I did not contest it.he will get an ex-parte.Good for me that I will be out of it.Just called him an year after the previous week to know what the status of the divorce was.he was cold even though I spoke very politely.He was so shameless as to tell me that I am contacting him after such a long time for the divorce.I told him that he had contested and filed all false things against me which I was not in a frame of mind to contest back neither do have the money to do it.I let him know again that I was ok with a divorce and he did not have to contest it.In then end wished him luck and said all the best.Finally he just said 'yoo too'.
I was filled with hatred as to why did I have to call him again but I felt life is short and I need to get over all this.Someday he will realize what a dirty pig he has been to me.

I feel terribly sad though after speaking to him.Really sad.
Oh, I'm so sorry.  yes, it's very hard.  I think you did the right thing though.  That was a final step in really moving on.  Now you take some time to heal and know that you will!!  This will be in the past and as time goes on and it becomes a more of a memory and less fresh, you will be thankful to be out of it.  Take some time for yourself, stay busy, lean on those who support you emotionally in your life.  Keep a journal, it helps to release feelings.  give yourself plenty of tlc.  peace
You know I got a divorce after 10 yrs of marriage. My ex basically was constantly telling me he was gona leave me, didnt love me, he was grossed by me. And that he wanted the divorce. Yet he never left. But his treatment towards me wasnt changing till I got tired and called It quits. My ex husband had to get served divorce papers 3 times till my lawyer spoke to him. He got a nasty attitude after I called it quits. Was never nice. All on the contrary has always been bitter towards me. Even up to date. Ive never given him the satisfaction of knowing what ive felt or how I dealt with it all. I agree with the above. Its ur time to heal. Keep your head up high with your feet firm on the ground. And if people stop talking to you like they did me just realize they not people you need in your life. Best of luck. God bless.
Thank You so much both of you  for your kind reply.