Divorce & Breakups Community
divorce

This patient support community is for discussions relating to divorce, breakups, anger, child custody, child support, conflict resolution, co-parenting, dating, depression, friends and family, legal, pets, property issues, remarriage, spousal support, and visitation.

divorce

i was raised that divorce is not to be done, I was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer, after 12 months chemo, 8 weeks radiation, 3 operations I became to weak to work. I gave my great  job up, the next day my husband handed me divorce papers, with how I had ruined his life, He would not work, or help me out, so I signed the papers and left the next day with just the clothes on my back. I was  to weak to fight him (which he knew)  so he has ended up the the house and all its contents, did I do the right thing? I am desperately trying to get back on my feet so I can work again but the chemo has done a real number in me. Also has anyone else ever gotten back on their feet enough to work again?
You should have more energy with time. many people do fully recover and stay in remission.

As of your husband- you have legal rights to your property and assets. You need to see the lawyer and get everything you deserve.
Thanks I know that I will get strength back (hopefully) I will  get back on my feet, I guess I am so impatient, always was so active in everything)
I know I should fight  him but my days have been about getting my life back, , if I can do so. I don't mind starting over again,  I never did want or expect much, ( never had a home growing up) I will  say I NEVER  want to see his face again,  he has made me loose faith in all of mankind. (even though I know that is wrong)
Hi and really sorry what your going through as am a cancer surviver myself.
I think you have some recourse here with the legal system as something is terribly amiss here. You have rights to ownership as well as does he. Make a few phone calls to some lawyers for a free consultation as to your rights.
Thanks I know I do, I have been to sick to do a  follow up , not to mention while I was going through treatments and working he was planning all this, I would come home , (I trusted him) hand me some papers to sign I would do so with out looking at them, I was to sick at the time to care, My mistake---that's what I get for trusting the man, I had never had any reason before to think I shouldn't. I will admit I will never have any trust in anyone again.