Divorce & Breakups Community
divorce
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to divorce, breakups, anger, child custody, child support, conflict resolution, co-parenting, dating, depression, friends and family, legal, pets, property issues, remarriage, spousal support, and visitation.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

divorce

i was raised that divorce is not to be done, I was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer, after 12 months chemo, 8 weeks radiation, 3 operations I became to weak to work. I gave my great  job up, the next day my husband handed me divorce papers, with how I had ruined his life, He would not work, or help me out, so I signed the papers and left the next day with just the clothes on my back. I was  to weak to fight him (which he knew)  so he has ended up the the house and all its contents, did I do the right thing? I am desperately trying to get back on my feet so I can work again but the chemo has done a real number in me. Also has anyone else ever gotten back on their feet enough to work again?
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
You should have more energy with time. many people do fully recover and stay in remission.

As of your husband- you have legal rights to your property and assets. You need to see the lawyer and get everything you deserve.
Blank
Thanks I know that I will get strength back (hopefully) I will  get back on my feet, I guess I am so impatient, always was so active in everything)
I know I should fight  him but my days have been about getting my life back, , if I can do so. I don't mind starting over again,  I never did want or expect much, ( never had a home growing up) I will  say I NEVER  want to see his face again,  he has made me loose faith in all of mankind. (even though I know that is wrong)
Blank
3149845_tn?1386354841
Hi and really sorry what your going through as am a cancer surviver myself.
I think you have some recourse here with the legal system as something is terribly amiss here. You have rights to ownership as well as does he. Make a few phone calls to some lawyers for a free consultation as to your rights.
Blank
Thanks I know I do, I have been to sick to do a  follow up , not to mention while I was going through treatments and working he was planning all this, I would come home , (I trusted him) hand me some papers to sign I would do so with out looking at them, I was to sick at the time to care, My mistake---that's what I get for trusting the man, I had never had any reason before to think I shouldn't. I will admit I will never have any trust in anyone again.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Divorce & Breakups Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...