Divorce & Breakups Community
ex behaving weird any idea....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to divorce, breakups, anger, child custody, child support, conflict resolution, co-parenting, dating, depression, friends and family, legal, pets, property issues, remarriage, spousal support, and visitation.

ex behaving weird any idea....

Most of you know my story so I wont bore you with details.....as you know I have been going quite well, still lonely but happy.....then the ex rings son about seeing the family dog and I said no .....then he rang the daughter (who he never talks to) he said to her dont tell your mother.....he repeated it 4 times dont tell your mother...that he was taking the mower from the farm.....my daughter rang me straight away and told me.....I said why would I care...she said it was really wierd it is like he kept saying dont tell your mother...my son  said to after his visit with his father, you are going to have to talk to him one day.....then my friend said he is finding every excuse to get you to talk to him.....do you think this is true.....what should I do....I want my kids to be happy....I miss what we had...but I could never trust him again and I am sure I do not want him back....should I just ignore him.....and continue to talk through the lawyer....I really dont want this is my life.....what to do.....thankyou dear friends....
Yep, I'd continue to ignore him and refer him to the lawyer.  Now, that he is 'taking' things and it just so happens that you don't care about the mower doesn't mean he should just take it.  I'd have your lawyer fire a letter off to his lawyer once it is missing that he is 'stealing' and it won't be tolerated.  Just so he doesn't get the idea he can do this and then next time takes something you DO care about (like the dog!).  

But I would not get drawn into it with him.  He sounds desperate and frankly a little pathetic.  

think about how peaceful you are on days you don't have to deal with him.  good luck
I agree with specialmom......but he shouldn't be dragging the kids into this and I would address that with your attorney.  The material things will all be worked out in the end, but during this time he is putting your children in the middle.  I would have your attorney write to him and state that he is not to do this to the children.  In the end, you will be able to talk to him and there won't be that stress on the kids.  Tell the kids not to feel like they have to tell you anything, and that after you and your ex get through this, things will be better.
Specialmom and Mammo said it all; totally agree.  

Thankyou my friends and I agree, I will contact my lawyer and I must say he is just trying to work me up and I am over it....why are the poor children always drag into this....they are the innocent party and do not deserve this...so again thankyou for just being here....
The kids get dragged in because he knows it's the easiest way to get to you.  Doesn't say much for where his priorities are.
I agree very much....I spend all my time protecting them from this horrible situation and he just keeps dragging them into this....it is not fair....but what can I do....life is not fair.....