Divorce & Breakups Community
grieving wife

This patient support community is for discussions relating to divorce, breakups, anger, child custody, child support, conflict resolution, co-parenting, dating, depression, friends and family, legal, pets, property issues, remarriage, spousal support, and visitation.

grieving wife

What do you think about your husband posting on his FB page that hes divorced the very day hegets a letter from my lawyer saying that I have seen him about a divorce. he told me he was mad so he did it, how childish is that? then to makes matters worse, 4 days after he had left our home, his ex wife text me telling me that he has a singles site up!!!!!  I lokked and low and behold there it was!  He probably had it up there the day he left!  Yes, I had been to see the lawyer but had not filed yet, I feel very belittled and very ugly which is what he wants to do i am sure. Even though I felt like I had no other choice in our situation with him being very disrespectful to my kids and even me , I still dont have any want to be with another man right now. I guess my intuition was right, he doesnt love me anymore even though he said he does. I dont get men, how can he do that?  Thats no man in my book.
Well, I think anyone who uses FB in this matter is less then prudent; not very smart.   Off the subject.....I REALLY loathe FB.  

Well.....you're right, he doesn't care about you.  I wouldn't let his shenanigans consume you life.  Just grant him the divorce and move on the best way you can.  

Sometimes, there is not any "logical" reason why someone is the way he/she is and I surely wouldn't recommend you take your waking hours trying to figure him out.  Just know he is not the one for you.

ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.  

Not only has he disrespected you and your children, he STILL has his ex wife pretty much involved in his life.  

"I still dont have any want to be with another man right now." .... Dear, you NEED to get through this first, so it is a good thing you don't want to be with another man right now because now is NOT the right time.  Work through this mess first.  

I'm sure Your Marriage had been "on the rocks" for a long while as evidenced by Your seeing an attorney for divorce.  Your Pride is hurt right now (understandable!!) that He would be so quick to show HimSelf to the world as a single, dating Man, but I hope You will take comfort in realizing You are (probably once more) justified in seeking a divorce.  He didn't become the Man who posted that He's divorced on FB and on a singles site overnight - this is who He is (has been all along) and You must have realized He had shortcomings if You decided to divorce.  His action confirms You made the right decision.  The reason You don't want to be with another man right now is because You have Character, Standards and Morals - You are a better Person than He is.  
Hi, I'm so sorry.  It is so hard to realize that someone we once loved and who loved us back has totally changed in how they treat us.  He's being rotten for sure and that hurts.

I agree wtih above----  I tell ya, facebook sure has become a good way to cause trouble for people these days.  (don't use it myself at all).  I think you are going to have to rise above----  force yourself to NOT look, not listen.  His ex wife is inappropriate to text you about that to be honest.  You are no longer in HER ex's life as he is now YOUR ex, I'd ask her to not contact you.  As much as you somewhat crave information----  you need to try not to get involved in figuring out what the heck evil thing he is doing.

Do that for TWO reasons.  One, your own sanity.  Two, it takes his power away.

I would continue to get your ducks in a row for the divorce and just shut off facebook, tell his ex to leave you alone and if someone tries to tell you something he'w written or said----  you stop it cold by saying "I'd rather not talk about that.  It's a hard time."  

It is okay to be sad about the end of a relationship even when someone did you wrong.  It is normal to have very conflicted feelings.  You know this relationship is over and now this is the aftermath.  Just rise above the BS and do what you have to do.  Stay busy with positive things and people.  Keep a jounral and exercise.  These things are none to help.

peace and luck to you