Divorce & Breakups Community
help :(

This patient support community is for discussions relating to divorce, breakups, anger, child custody, child support, conflict resolution, co-parenting, dating, depression, friends and family, legal, pets, property issues, remarriage, spousal support, and visitation.

help :(

Ok this is my first post ever but I'm 20 and I have an 11 month old daughter me and my daughters father split up in June and its been rough I love him but I don't want to be with him anymore he makes me so mad and he annoys me we always fight and argue about every little thing recently I've been talking to this other guy and this guy makes me happy and I love talking to him he's great with my daughter but its really complicated because my daughters dad is in the picture still I don't know what to do.
Don't DO anything!!

It's fine to have a friend You enjoy talking to but You don't have to take it beyond that.  You've only been separated for 3 months, You have an 11 month old Daughter - make HER Your priority.
I am not sure what the problem is.  Is your ex, the father of the baby, having issues with you having a male friend? OR are you having feelings for your ex and this new guy?  Confused.  

You are allowed to have friends, but I definitely wouldn't start any new romantic relationship at this time.  

Will agree with Tink that the baby should be your #1 priority at this time, not getting into another romantic relationship.  

I would comment that since you never got married there is no real commitment in your relationship. I dont know the reason your not married but if its not a good  then then to this reader all you have is 2 single people who had a child. You say the other person makes you happy and im sure the father of your child made you happy in the beginning as well as listened to you. Also im sure the new friend will also annoy you in the future. With the next friend all you have is a new begining which contains all the unknowns that were brought to light in your first time around. Since you had a good time in the past and see a good time coming in the future i would suggest putting your childs happiness into the picture as she will need to know her dad as she grows. Your child will learn from what you do and in some ways copy your values during that life.
Hi there.  Well, my best advice is to do things in order.  If your baby's father thinks he is in some kind of romantic relationship with you and this isn't what you want----  then you need to have this important discussion with him.  It's very hard, I know.  But necessary.  

He will ALWAYS be your child's father.  Nothing will ever change that.  You do need to make sure it is legally established that he is the dad and work out things like visitation and child support.  I'd do what you can to stay friendly with him so that you can coparent your child and also encourage in every way the relationship between your child and thier dad.

As to the new guy, I would back off a little bit right now and tell him the plan.  If he is interested in your romantically which I'm assuming this is the situation---  you need a bit of time to end things properly with the baby's dad.  After that conversation has happened, keep a low profile for a bit of time so as not to make your ex feel too bad and then go on about your life whether it is with the new guy as a good friend or a new partner.  

I like to see a woman take some time between relationships to make sure that they are in a good position to make good choices about who is in their life.  When relationships overlap, that often doesn't happen.

goodluck