Divorce & Breakups Community
unwanted divorce

This patient support community is for discussions relating to divorce, breakups, anger, child custody, child support, conflict resolution, co-parenting, dating, depression, friends and family, legal, pets, property issues, remarriage, spousal support, and visitation.

unwanted divorce

Im 13 weeks pregnant and my husband left me and wants a divorce. This was completely unexpected. Will I ever get over this pain?
Sorry this is happening to you.  Yes, I think down the road you will get over this pain.  Is there any way you can see a therapist as I think that will help you in terms of finding healthy outlets for what you are feeling.  peace and luck to you dear.  I'm very very sorry this is happening to you.  But divorce is sadly common and most go on to have happy lives after.  
I totally agree with specialmom.You shall find your happiness and peace back.take care of your health physical and emotional;

And care for the child who is about to come;
I think if that man is such a loser to leave you pregnant,you are better off without him.I am sorry and know that I sound harsh.But the more you realize and know what kind of person he really was just to leave you,you shall find yourself in a betterand happier position.You can read countless stories here including mine.We are all going through the same thing,but are determined to find our way back.And I know how sad and painful you must be feeling.
Thank you. I am seeing a therapist. But I feel like its finally setting in that hes really gone. After everything we've accomplished together it breaks my heart completely.  I was looking forward to our family but he left. I still cant begin to comprehend how the man I married became such an evil immoral person. I sadly still have hope he comes back.
HoneyGirl,
I'm sorry to say this as I know You're hurting but I don't think the Man You Married "BECAME" - "such an evil, immoral person".  There were probably signs that You didn't see - You were Happy and in Love and likely didn't see what You didn't "want" to see.  There is truth in the saying "love is blind". Good People often don't see "evil, immoral" - it's not what We look for, it's not what We expect - most certainly from Those We Love.
It's good that You are in therapy.  Perhaps You will come to see that You don't "still have hope that He comes back" if indeed He is evil and immoral.

That being said, my heart is heavy for You to be going through this.
My divorce was sudden and unwanted (by me as well) and I was dooped into to doing the work and to make it even more interesting, she did not even show up for court. She was depressed and told me that if we got a "paper divorce" the state would pay for her treatment (I know it's ridiculous, but love is blind)

Then I learned that she was already living with some guy ....

Will the pain go away? Well its six years later and I still replay our marriage in my head, I still have nightmares, I still get sad and angry and cant seem to shake it ...

It does not prevent me from living my life, but it is always there in the back ground.

My thought is that these events cause trauma and most of us dont care the right help for trauma in these cases ...

The one thing that has helped me is "you have not failed, the marriage failed" I have taken lessons from my marriage and applied to them my current relationship and its better ... if I could just shake the ex out of my head ...
I can't say I know exactly how you feel because we were never married but my boyfriend decided to not be with me too and I'm seventeen weeks pregnant. I think this ***** the worse because pregnancy is already a high emotion situation for me and to add this to it. I also still hope that he comes back to some extent. I like to think he's really afraid of impending fatherhood. But that he'll look at our daughter's face and snap to his senses. But then again I think reasonably too like he left me now so maybe he really isn't deserving of the privilege to be in my life to that extent anymore. I just try to be strong and make it thru for my princess. It gets hard but we'll get thru it. Once your baby gets here, you'll realize that you're stronger than you thought you were.