Divorce & Breakups Community
whats is going on with him

This patient support community is for discussions relating to divorce, breakups, anger, child custody, child support, conflict resolution, co-parenting, dating, depression, friends and family, legal, pets, property issues, remarriage, spousal support, and visitation.

whats is going on with him

Hi I been with my boyfriend or ex now for almost 10mths. Just recently he caught a DUI charge, he's not a bad guy with a criminal record or anything first charge ever, well he didn't want to drive to his court date so I did, now I live in Indianapolis and he resides in Carmel. I didn't have no problem doing it for him since I work evenings, now at court the judge suspended his license for 180 days (6mths) because his alcohol content wasn't high. After this happens he stops textin me but still answers my texts and he won't allow me over now to spend time with him. I asked is there someone. He don't say yes or no in fact he wants me to think there isn't and I ask are we still together he says he needs time to think. I don't understand its been 2wks since I seen him and he's still not textin only if I text him I'm sooooooooo hurt can't stop cryin I been down this road in 2011 what's wrong with him I feel like I'm in limbo
You're only in limbo because you'd rather sit in limbo than wake up and smell the coffee, honey.  He's got someone else and used you.  I'm sorry.
Agree with AnnieBrooke.  

May I ask what happened in 2011?

The last time I was on here the comments very supportive. I know there's someone else but his lost and he didn't use me I offered to take him to court. Its just like that old saying goes, when you treat others bad, what comes around goes around he didn't hurt nobody but his self and I have moved on.
That was the worst heartbreak ever In my life so far, I was with him for almost 5 years so this break up doesnt even compare
To clarify:  I can't agree that he "used" you, however, it is your choice to stay in limbo for this guy.  

"He don't say yes or no in fact he wants me to think there isn't and I ask are we still together he says he needs time to think."......Well, either he is playing games with you in the sense he is trying to politely brush you off without being direct OR he is just flat out confused about what he wants in regards to a relationship.

What exactly is wrong with him?.....don't know.  Is he with someone else?......possibility is there.  

In my opinion he has bigger concerns in his life other than worrying about a relationship with a woman at this time as receiving a DUI is no little problem.  Not sure if this is just a "one time" unfortunate event or if he is having problems with alcohol.  Probably needs to get his life together.  

I am sure it hurts, but you probably shouldn't contact him anymore and be prepared to just let this one go.  

If you will ever see him again......????  

I wouldn't recommend waiting for any man especially when he isn't waiting for you.  You deserve better.

All the best.
Ugh.  Sorry.  It hurts when we come from a good place or we want to be back with someone and we see that they haven't changed.  You sound like you have a lot of love to offer someone----  I would take some time off from dating to clear out some of these emotions and then I think you will find someone that will be worthy to have you.  This guy really isn't.

I want you to hold your bar high for a man in your life.  Expect good treatment.  Expect someone who is as there for you as you want to be for them.  You should have someone that you can text to drive you somewhere far away if you needed it and they'd do it. This guy might not even respond to the text!  

I wish you all the best.  Remember---  you deserve much more than this!  peace
Thank you ladies so much for the supportive comments. I'm basically taking care if me now, I check on him from time to time but I'm not doing no chasing again his lost. When that special one comes that dude will be totally out my system cause love doesn't die over night that's a issue I'm dealing with now but I will keep you guys posted
It's true love doesn't die or feelings don't die in one night and it definitely does hurt when you know someone you cared so deeply about treats or has treated you so rotten.  

To be honest, I would recommend you not further contact him at all; not even to check on him as I think that might complicate you moving on from this situation that is less than ideal.  Check in on someone who deserves it.

Keep us posted.