13 yr old Siberian Husky
We were just told that our 13 year old huskey has Cushing's Disease. She drinks an insane amount of water, is now having accidents (she never had them before), pants heavily all of the time, and her back legs are getting weak. The cost of treatment is very high, but we have a great vet that lets us makes payment. But we still do not know what to do for her. She is very old and I do not understand the death it will bring to her. Is she too old to treat? With her age in mind, do you think that treatment is what she needs? I love her dearly and we have lost 3 dogs in the last 8 months to congestive heart failure, cancer and kidney failure. When the time came to put them to sleep, they suffered. I do not want her to suffer.  Any advice?
My husky was dx with Cushings a year ago and has done great even if she is blind and has diabetes with the disease.  She walks her mile every day.  But she is now starting to leak again and I fear the worse.
They thought our boxer had Cushings disease for a bit and I found a lot of information and support at a website called www.caninecushings.net.  You an post on their forum and really knowledgable people with experience will get back to you very quickly.