1.5 yr pup panting w/lightest exercise
Spayed 85 lb Boerboel (South African Mastiff)
not eating much (2-3 cups a day and declining) has had diarrhea off and on for couple of weeks now, getting more and more listless.  Goes to her crate when she would normally sit with me.  Has a burst of energy and bounds for a minute or two and then huffs and puffs... and drools and it goes on and on and licks her mouth a lot.  If I let her "play" she starts to hyperventilate and it takes a long time for her to stop being winded. She is sleeping a LOT.

At first I thought that she was overheated and that was causing the panting but it keeps happening and I've kept her cool.  Then I thought maybe she ate something (she's done that before with branches and stuff).  I've brought her to the vet twice.  The first time they said she was nauseous and gave me some meds for her tummy.  I brought her back the next day when she was panting and drooling again.  This time they took x-rays and gave me different meds for the nausea.  She looks so sad all the time, just driving to the dog park she falls asleep in the car instead of getting all excited with anticipation and oddly enough in a sitting position.

I changed her food at the beginning of the week to kangaroo and lentils hoping it was allergies (no way she has had that before!)
Her shots are due this week but the Vet said to wait on that at least another week until she is better.  
I am concerned that she is so listless I'm afraid she is going to go to sleep and not wake up.

About once or twice a day she will seem fine for 15-30 minutes and will bring me her fetch toy but after a couple of tosses she starts hyperventilating again.

She whimpers to go out but not to go potty but to eat grass.
So far they've given her Cerenia & Famotidine
Her heart sounds normal. No fever.
Right now she looks lean but not gaunt. She is about 24 inches at the shoulder.
I've already spent $350 this month on the Vet and I don't know what I can do for her.  If the vet wants to run a battery of tests I have no idea how I'd pay for it.  What are my options?  I want my girl happy again.
Hi...
I sure hope you can find out the cause of your dog's illness.
I can tell you that with all the signs you are describing...
panting, drooling, sleeping ALOT, the "sad" look on her face,and intolerance to exercise, sounds to me like it could very possibly be that your dog is hypothyroid. If I were you, I would be sure to get her thyroid checked, all it takes is a blood draw.  Be sure they measure the T3 and the T4 levels.
Best wishes...let us know what you find out.
Connie
Thanks, I will...