2 yrs old toy poodle with fungul infection on face
my toy poodle has an infection on his face, he is 2 yrs old and just shipped from China
the infection on the face is red and kind of ripped. its not swelling and no odor
it seems to be itching b/c he scratches it a lot.
we don't have a vet for him and we need some help immediately
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
I hate to say this, but it is impossible for any of us here to diagnose him, or to recommend any treatment. None of us can say what this infection is...whether it IS fungal, or what. It would be a different treatment if it were a fungal infection, than if it were something else.
He really, really, does need to see a vet to get this diagnosed and cleared up, and also for a full assessment, as he's just come into the country. Is he a new dog for you? Or has just come back to you?
He needs a vet.
Mange?
Agree with ginger.
Didn't he need a Vet exam and health certificate before he was shipped? I wouldn't think a dog with a skin condition would pass for a health certificate. Did you purchase him from China or did he make a move with you?
Definitely needs to be checked and probably a skin scraping done and possible antibiotics.
You can try gently wiping his face with some warm water with a cotton cloth, no synthetics.
Suggesting anything else may do more harm than good.
You sound frantic but I doubt this is life threatening unless he starts to swell.  I suggest you find a Vet tomorrow.
Keep us posted and good luck.