6 year old pit mix knots on back
over the past 2 year my male pit mix ha gotten large knots  which i believe are in his mucles on hs back near his hips  tail and lower  back they are firm and hard like a muscle but it is very deformed looking i am wondering if it can be cancer or stress knots he is a very high strung dog and gets stressed easily  just when he is petted the wrong way could t
How old is your dog?

If young (I'll say under 8 years), I think cancer is unlikely.

We had a Golden that developed fat pockets on his chest.. they were cancerous. He was 12 years old when we put him down, chemo/radiation didn't seem to be a good alternative.

I relate my only personal experience with cancer, and the dog was at life expectancy and the growths/tumors were fatty... not hare, and were in the chest/stomach area.
hes only 6 years well turning six in aug. he is over weight  hes a very short dog bu he weighs 50-60 pounds and hes maybe about 2 feet  from head to  floor give or take a little
The condition doesn't match any of my experience other than what I have already noted.  At 6 yo, I'd say it is unlikely that there is cancer, but it takes a biopsy of some tissue to be sure.

I have no idea/knowledge about "stress knots"... if it matches that could be it and hope someone else with more experience chips in.