9 year old castrated shih-tzu hormonal?
I have a 9 year old shih-tzu, he was castrated about 7 years ago. He's never had any tendency to hump anything, but over the last two weeks, he's had this surge of spring fever or hormones or... something! But he's been very randy and going after his stuffed animal very often, and then stays 'stuck' if you will slightly still aroused. Any suggestions on what might be going on?
LOL! :)  First of all, I feel a need to correct you on the terminology you used: 'castrated' is the removal of outside-the-body genetalia.  I think the word you are looking for is 'neutered' which is when only the testicles are removed.  I have seen this behavior with dogs alot.  I dont know why they do it.  It seems to be harmless unless his gential area becomes irritated.  If this behavior is bothering you, try spraying water at him when he does it.  And take away the stuffed animal. :) - Blu

Yeah, sorry, I think we tend to use the term interchangeably here in the UK because most people I've heard talking about it say castrated.

Anyway, it doesn't bother me, I really don't actually care if he's doing it. He's not doing anything really wrong, so I don't want to spray him. I guess I'm just wondering why he hasn't done this for 7 years and is now doing it an awful lot.
thanks
Okay, I guess I'll look elsewhere since no one here wants to help. Thanks anyway!