Anaplasmosis
Sorry for the repost, but it seems that the board isn't working correctly.  I posted this question yesterday afternoon but yet it states it was just 3 hours ago.  Also I didn't get a response to my questions...I don't know if it is simply because it was missed over or you didn't get a chance to respond (although questions asked after mine were answered so I'm thinking it was missed).

My dog just tested positive for Lyme and Anaplasmosis.  She also tested positive for this last year and she had a complete blood work up done which came back fine.  However, she was put on Doxycycline for I believe 4 weeks or so.  She didn't exhibit any signs of disease last year or this year.  My question is.  Could this year's test have come back positive because she still has traces in her system from last year?  If she isn't showing any symptoms of the disease does she need to be treated?  Confused on this since I've read a lot of vets do not treat without any symptoms.  And besides how would one know that the treatment is working if there are no symptoms?  Thanks you for your help.
I am always concerned about tick-borne diseases, because there are ticks that transmit Lyme Disease etc in my area. I found this website, I don't know if you will find your answer here or not. I hope it is helpful.
http://www.plainfieldvet.com/petcare_anaplasmosis.asp

For the Lyme positive test, you could ask that this be followed up with the Lyme Quant C6 test, which helps to monitor infection level (dormant to active) so treatment can be given before the onset of noticeable symptoms. As far as I know, a broad-spectrum antibiotic is normally used. It is also possible re-infection by fresh tick-bites could occur, especially if you live in a winter frost-free area. And that may account for the new 'positive' results.
I honestly think your concerns would be better addressed by one of the vets on the Ask a Vet forum here at Med Help.  The only thing I know about Lyme, which is admittedly little, is that it can take months to eridicate in both humans and animals.  It's a frustratingly difficult disease to treat.  Best of luck to you both.  :-)