Dogs Community
BOXER PUPPY. BIG BUMP ON HEAD.

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

BOXER PUPPY. BIG BUMP ON HEAD.

MY BROTHER GOT A BOXER PUPPY A FEW MONTHS AGO.
AND A COUPLBE SAYS AGO WE NOTICED A BIG BUMP ON HER HEAD....
AND ITS BIGGER THAN A GOLF BALL ON THE TOP OF HER HEAD. (WERE HER SMART BUMP IS)
WE DONT HAVE THE MONEY TO TAKE HER TO THE VET RIGHT NOW.
THE BUMP ISNT REALLY HARD. ITS SOFT...??
DOSE ANYONE HAVE A BOXER OR HAD ANYTHING SIMILAR HAPPEN TO
THERE DOG LIKE THIS????????
Hey Mandax0,

Since you haven't yet received a response from the other members in the Dogs community, it may be that no one else has had this same issue. You may also want to post this in the Ask-a-Veterinarian Forum: http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Animal-Health---General/show/112.

Good luck!
I'm really sorry your post got missed!
Like sk123 said, it's a good idea to put this question to one of the vets. There are quite a few vets on the Expert Forum, and I'm sure someone will help.

With a young puppy her bones aren't as hard as an adult dog's, and it could be she has had some accident maybe while playing which has caused this swelling. Really, it would be the best thing if she could see a vet, in case there is some damage or trauma which might not get better on its own.

I know there isn't money for the vet. But maybe your brother, or a member of the family could sell something to come up with the cash?  (I know that might take some time to do, and your pup really needs to see the vet now.) But if -just if, you know a vet who would treat your dog and let you pay a few days later? That would be helpful. You could ask.
I don't live in the US, I live in England, but I have heard that you have something called "Care Credit" in the States. I don't know how this works, but it could mean you will be able to get veterinary care for your pup. You need to research this, or maybe someone else will post here to help .
My daughter's boxer had the same thing.  It was a benign tumor.  Not saying your brother's boxer has the same thing and it really should be checked out by a vet.  I don't mean to sound harsh, but if you cannot afford to provide needed medical care for the animal, you might want to think about rehoming him.