Dogs Community
Bare reddish spots on my dogs back feet??

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

Da Vinci my 9 month old Husky Shepherd has these bare reddish spots appear on his two back feet, and two spots right next to eachother on the inside of one of his back legs. ( There are about four or five dime and nickle size spots on each back foot) He's up to date on all his vaccinations and he seems just fine, he's eating, drinking, and just as active as ever. We just got back from visiting my inlaws a few days ago. I do not remember seeing those bare red spots before or during our visit. I actually think the first time I noticed was the day after we got back. I wasn't too concerned because my father inlaw has two smaller dogs and they were all playing rough together, so I figured they were just biting his back legs, and I just hadn't noticed until we returned. I am worried a little though because they do seem redder than the rest of his skin and no hair has begun to grow back.

There are no other spots that I've noticed anywhere else on his body. It's been about three days since I'v noticed, and I do not believe there are any new spots on his back feet or legs. My boxer Maverick is just fine and has no spots.

Any help or suggestions please!!!
If you can rule out fleas, and do a skin scraping for fungus and yeast, then I would think one of two things:
allergic reaction to something in your in-laws' house or
anxiety related self-chewing. There was a change in his routine, and it may take time for him to settle down again.. Who knows, he may be worrying about never seeing his buddies at your inlaws, or about being whisked away somewhere else. Some dogs just don't do well with change.

Take him to your vet and get the scraping done, see what he says, and go from there
Don't forget about mange.  He may have picked up the mites from the other dogs in the house, and feet are one of the first places symptoms can show up.  Your vet can do a scraping to check for the presence of mange mites and start treatment.  You'll definitely need a vet to correctly diagnose the problem whatever it is.
I was going to take him to the vet today, but when I went outside this morning his spots looked like they were scabbing over and it even looked like there was a little fur starting to grow back. I called the vet anyway and they said that I could put some Triple antibiotic ointment on his spots and if it didn't look like they were getting a noticeably better within three days to bring him in for a skin scraping. He said that riding in the car that whole time might have made some hot spots or maybe it was just stress from the routine change. If they don't get better he said possibly hereditary mange or ring worms were most likely the case.
Thanks so much for your advice!! I will let you know how things are going the next few days!!