Basset Hound eyes full of matter
What could be wrong with my basset's eyes? Every morning his eyes is full of cold and matter.
My Basset Hound had runny eyes and matter too. He probably has an infection that needs medicine from the vet. Also, Bassets are prone to having what I call an extra fold that can cause the fur or even eye lashes to irratate the eye. I can't remember  what the surgical procedure is called, but it
basically entails making and incision near both eyes and stitched up to prevent the extra skin fold from rubbing the eye. I had this done to my Basset after my vet said that he would always have chronic eye problems unless they did this. This is a common procedure, but like I said, I can't remember what the technical term was. My Basset hasn't had any more eye problems since.
Thanks so much for your help. I need to make him an appointment and get him seen.