Dogs Community
Bedroom Peeing

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

Bedroom Peeing

I have an 8 month old spayed (mini) husky mix.  She is the best puppy ever (very playful, sweet, likes to be picked up, etc.) except for the fact that she is still peeing inside.  I walk her at least 2 miles a day (morning and night) and crate her while my husband and I are at work (~8 hr).  She never pees in the crate (as long as I don't put a towel or blanket in there).  She really only pees in our bed or in our bedroom (she may pee other places sporadically, but mainly in the bed and bedroom).  And I take her out ALL THE TIME (every hour or so when she is not in the crate) and watch her pee, so I think she is empty...

We just had a friend move in with us a month ago - maybe it is a dominance thing?  It does seem that she is peeing more than before, but maybe she just hid it better in other places before... I have even started rationing her water, but I don't think it is helping (she is one of those puppies that will eat 'til she throws up and drinks from the hose 'til she pukes...).

Could it be a medical issue?  I read on some forums that she could have a hormone problem since she has been spayed?  I think the solution is simple, but I don't want to do it - put her in the crate at night (but I hate to put her in there during the day then again at night - but it is in our bedroom and she will be with us).  I was told by my vet that dogs usually stop peeing inside at 6 months instinctively... and i know she can hold it at least 8 hours.  I just want to know if any expert out there think they know what is going on...

Thanks in advance!!
i have a regular siberian husky who's 8 months old as well and she too still has accidents in the house. taking her out every hour at 8 months seems a bit much. i take mine out every few hours or whenever she comes to get me. what she could be doing is marking her territory. when my husband bought the husky it was just after we had gotten married and i wanted to bring my dog up here too that was back home with my mom. when i finally did, for about a month the husky was TERRIBLE about peeing in the floor. she'd be walking in front of us and do a walk and pee thing and then take off running because she knew she was in trouble. the husky was only about 3 months old but it was still a pain in the reer. and it could also be a dominance thing too. my older lab who i brought up here will hump smaller dogs as a dominance thing.