Dogs Community
Belly Bands FYI

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

Belly Bands FYI

Questions have come up before about dogs marking in the house, incontinence issues, etc.  I have mentioned the possible use of Belly Bands and here is a link to a site that shows what they are. Can come in handy, especially with some of the "boys* and the oldsters. I am in no way affiliated with this company.
http://www.k9comforts.net/
there are other sites also
We can't live without Belly Bands!!!!  IMO, They are worth their weight in GOLD! I buy mine online from a Shih-Tzu rescue....They are handmade & you can pick the fabric of your choice...My favorites are made of flannel....

All proceeds are used to rescue more Shih-Tzus.....A win-win situation!!!  ;)
Good info.  Some people think it is cruel.  Not me, ESP with the boys that like to make their presence known.  :-)
The ones that think it's cruel can sure come to my house & clean pee-pee all they want!  :)  
Hum, it may just be a I'm standing up for "boys"... I can say all dog experience I have, which is not extensive, has always been with male dogs, including my current Westie.  They have grown old and hit end of life at normal life expectancies.  I don't recall much of a pee problem, I didn't even know such a thing as "belly bands" existed.  This is another example of why I am reading threads on this forum.

The only pee job in recent memory was on our bedroom carpet by a young (but well over a year old) female Goldendoodle.  She has stayed over night with us many times and the accident happened only once, was in the middle of an open area, not on a dresser or night stand like a male might do.
I can definitely see the need for incontinence aids sometimes, for both females and males.
My girl Misty NEVER went to pee in the house! She just never would! All of her life. But there came a time when she started with very early-stage kidney issues. These were solved, and her kidney health was doing fine. But in the process of solving them, she had "accidents" (usually during sleep, as she was fine in the day)
I washed so many sheets! blankets! had to buy incontinence sheets, and for the first time celebrated the presence of "doggy-diapers" in our house. (Oh I really didn't want her to have to wear "panties" to bed! But she didn't really mind at all except for the first time when she gave me a little sad look. She got used to it, and because the winter was coming they helped to keep her warmer too)
These were emerald green, and they really suited her as it happened! And they did the trick. It was so nice not to have to do laundry every morning!

There's definitely a time and a place for belly bands and diapers!
Wish they had these years ago.  When my aunt's Scittie got ill, she was having accidents all over and my aunt covered her whole bedroom floor with plastic and papers.
Have to kind of chuckle now but one of my female Shelties, who was not spay because I was showing (AKC and some of their rules) anyway, she never messed in the house but I could sure tell when she was coming in season!  She would mark in the house and everywhere outside to let everyone know!  Doggie diapers would have been great.  little hoozie.  Lol