Dogs Community
Benji How I Miss You!!

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

Benji How I Miss You!!

My dog died unexpectedly. My husband explained that he started to breath heavy (heavy panting) then just went limp lost complete being, my poor boy deficated. Took him to vet at first the vet claimed his heart was strong then about 15 minutes if at all, she came out with the shocking news! I asked what happened she said she believed it could have been a blood clot to the brain. How is this possible? I am devastated am having a difficult time accepting this and I am just not coping. My heart was just ripped out of me. He is my world and I can't snap out of this. Please help me. Gisela
Hello Gisela. I am so very sorry for your loss. I can empathise with how you must feel right now, the way things happened must have been (and still is) such a shock. A blood clot can indeed cause sudden death and it is virtually impossible to diagnose, because everything happens so quickly. There are also often no earlier symptoms. The same condition happens in humans too. In fact, as a child, I lost a good friend from the same condition. He complained about a headache, then half an hour later he was dead.

Losing a dog is one of the hardest things we have to endure. The love between human and best friend and faithful companion is very deep. Our dogs are with us for a short time and none live as long as we would like, yet in that short time they steal our hearts completely.

Again, I am very sorry for your loss. Please come back and tell us about him, the adventures you shared and the good times you had together. Tony x
I too, am so sorry for your loss and the pain you feel. It is very difficult to lose a pet suddenly without warning. (We lost several pets in a house fire while we were shopping).

Your pet could have died this way; I have a friend who lost her 4 year old Pyrenees in this way and the sire of one of my females was found dead; he was only 6 years old and was perfectly healthy.

Find comfort in your memories; he is alive there and someday you will see him again. Take care