Dogs Community
Black dirt/sores on my pups belly and nipples

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

my 10 month old female black lab/golden retriever mix has black like dirt on her nipples and belly only. They turn to red sores, almost like pimples and her nipples are getting infected and swollen...like a pimple coming to a head. I am deaf and just had neck and spine surgery so it is very hard for me to get around and I don't have a lot of money but she is my best friend. I Thank any and everyone for their time!
My dog gets the same thing and we have been told it's an allergic reaction.  We treat it with benedryl and when it gets really bad it's treated with steroids.
Hello & welcome.....If it's tiny little black specks (Like pepper), it's flea poop!! If she's allergic to the bites, they will turn to sores...Do you use a monthly flea preventative?
The pimple like sores with heads could already indicate a infection....Usually staph!

It would be better to treat it now before it gets worse, but I understand your situation..Do you have anyone that could take her to the Vet for you? Some Vets will let you do a payment plan...You could call around and ask a few.....

Until you can get her seen, I'd put an OTC antibiotic cream or ointment on them.....Take care and please keep us updated on her.....Karla