Bleeding out of both nostrils
My 10 year old mixed lab has been getting nose bleeds for a few months now. We have taken her to the vet and they said it could be allergies, cancer, an infection, etc. They did not give me a clear answer. She has taken steroids and antibiotics, nothing has worked. This last weekend it went from bad to worse! she is bleeding from both nostrils now and its constant! i wake up to the floor being covered in blood. Also, during the night i hear her crash to the floor several times because she cant breath while she is laying down... so she tries to sleep sitting up. She is so tired. I am sick to my stomach right now and i dont know what to do. She is very depressed.
Ask your vet to scope the dog's nose!!
Our 10 year old pug had the same problem, and it turned out she had a fly larvae up her nose. She must have sniffed it up there. They removed it, and she was fine. I am SO glad we had her nose scoped - our vet was almost certain it was cancer, but I insisted we needed to know for certain.
Also, my vet gave me epinephrine sprays which stopped the nosebleed for a good 8 hours. It looked like a shot syringe, but with no needle.
I also heard today that it might be an infection in the upper teeth???
My opinion is there is a lot of guesswork gong on. Your poor dog! I am so sorry. Get her to another vet as soon as you can.
Could be VwD but I assume that would have reared it's head before now considering the age.
You need to get to another Vet ASAP and get blood work and a scope done!
This could be any number of things, even something stuck in the nasal passages like a fox tail
I wouldn't 't wait
Please keep us posted
Britt....Here's what I'd personally do.....First, A new Vet is in order!!!!

Next: Have a Tick Panel run....NOT an in house snap test, but a Tick disease test sent out to a lab.....Many tick diseases go un-noticed and many of them DO cause nose bleeds....

Next: Could your dog be being poisoned? I know this is far fetched, but it is a possibility that you need to think about.......Give it some thought.....

I also agree with the above posters......Please, get her to a New Vet As soon as you can.......Karla
Thank you all for the advice. I am calling a new vet this morning in Washington. They have a scope small enough to go up her nose. I will keep you all posted.
Glad to hear that and please keep us posted. Good luck
wanted to up date you all... i have made an appointment at another clinic out of town for today- they have a small enough scope to go up her nose.Im crossing my fingers we will get this resolved... i dont think i can take much more of watching my baby girl suffer.
Fingers crossed here too!  Hope this can have a good outcome for you both.  I hope they do blood work too.
Hi Britt...Any updates on your girl? Been thinking about her....Let us know, Karla
Yes, I would like to read updates also
I am hoping your girl is OK. Sometimes bleeding like this can be a sign of Hemangiosarcoma. It would be wise to get the vet to do an ultrasound of her abdomen to rule out Spleen or Liver tumors.