Bloody diarrhea
My sons 12 yr. old beagle mix was bitten by another dog in Jan.  He was put on antibiotics for 3 weeks and since then has has a lot of GI issues.  It started as just diarrhea and his food was changed.  Diarrhea continued and he was started on probiotics.  Same thing only now he has bloody diarrhea with a really foul smell.  Could this be C-Diff from the the medication?  What would the treatment require?     Thank you for any help you can give me.    Sheila
Something is definitely going on.  I suggest you get him into the Vet with a stool sample.  If that is the case, I think he needs antibiotics and probably a probiotic but you need to use the right one.
Thank you for your reply.  He is going to the vet at 4PM, I hope he can figure out what is going on.  Have a great weekend.
Keep us posted, our "hearts" are with you both.  

I hate to read about an old-timer suffering, I am one myself.

I have had probiotics suggested as a general maintenance in a dog's diet, but have not made any specific attempt to do so.  So, I watch too to learn if that is part of the solution.

Best of luck,