Boxer- great one min, next minute, won't eat ANYTHING, vomiting
Can someone please help me? I have an 8 yr old Boxer, 4 days ago, he was playing ball, going on walks, etc, suddenly he has stopped eating, been vomiting clear mucus with red or brown specks in it, won't even get up when anyone comes in door. He has never had any health issues. I took him to the vet and was told he has some kind of infection (but no idea why or from what), he has a high white blood cell count, but that was the entire explanation. Vet gave him an antibiotic shot, and said if he wasn't getting any better in a couple days, to bring him back in for tests. He will drink some water when he actually stands up, but i can't even get him to eat a piece of steak. He has almost always been like a walking vacuum, and now I can't get him to take treats, steak, bread, nothing! I need more of an explanation or ideas about what to do to get him to eat. I have had him since he was 4 weeks old. He is my son and I am not ready or able to accept there is nothing I can do. I do not understand how one day he is great and two seconds later, you can't make him get up. Please any advice or suggestions will be really appreciated.
You have to take him to the Vet .It could be a blockage.
The red specks could be blood caused by excessive vomiting or something else more siniste..... every day you wait it will be getting worse dont leave it too late.I love my dogs as you do and I understand how you feel.

Please let us know the outcome.